Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Prelude To Financial Freedom: Know Your Money Blueprint


(Part 1 of 4)

"Each of us has a personal and success money blueprint already embedded in our subconscious mind. And this blueprint more than anything and everything else combined will determine your financial destiny," says T. Harv Eker in his book "Secrets of the Millionaires Mind".

"Really?", this is my initial reaction when I read the part one of his book. For sure I'll get more "aha" if  I will not stop reading the book because the truth is there's more on the next pages.

He said also, that like the blue print for the house, our money blueprint is simply our preset program or way of being in relation to money.

To illustrate, T. Harv Eker uses the Process of Manifestation--the formula that is being used as foundation for teachings by many respected teachers in the field of human potential.

The formula goes like this: Thoughts > Feelings > Actions >Results

To simplify, the formula explains that our thoughts lead to feelings, our feelings lead to actions and our actions lead to results.

Let's apply this formula.

Imagine that your life is recorded in a DVD. Insert that DVD in the player, press rewind. Focus on the part when you are already aware of the things around you. Let us go inside your house and remember your family, especially your parents.

As a child, probably you heard your parents saying these things: "money is the root of all evil", "rich people are greedy", "rich people are criminals", "you can't be rich and spiritual", "money doesn't buy happiness", "money talks", "not everyone can be rich", "there is never enough"...and so on. Probably you have your own dialogue to share.

Whatever we heard about money, whether good or bad are called Verbal Programming.

Now, list down all your Verbal Programming.

When I did this activity, I found out why I'm so much attached with family responsibilities and almost forgot that I have a life of my own.

The answer: because I had this programming that "I am the one" who can elevate my family from poverty.

This programming affects most of my decisions. I keep telling myself that my family needs me, that they can't live without me, that I can't afford to be selfish even I have nothing to give. My verbal programming gave me my thought that "I am the one". My feeling of compassion to my family leads to my action of helping them no matter what. My action of keeping myself in the forefront of responsibilities leads me to my result: I'm dead broke. That’s me a years ago. Now, I no longer consider myself a "dead broke".

In order for us to change our Verbal Programming, we need to be aware. AWARENESS is the first key element of changing our Verbal Programming. T. Harv Eker says, "You can't change something unless you know it exists".

By the way, I was introduced to T. Harv Eker, when I joined  Online Mentoring where I met more mentors.

On my next blog, I'll share with you the second key element of change: UNDERSTANDING.


No comments:

Post a Comment